Courtesy of Lynn, our Louisiana native, comes this family recipe that we make every year for Mardi Gras.
- 2 boxes Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix (rice and spices)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Hot sauce
- Worchester sauce
- 3.5 cups water
- 1.5 pounds sausage (I recommend Uli’s Cajun Chicken Andouille)
- 1 pound shelled jumbo shrimp
- 1 pound boneless chicken
- 3 bell peppers
- 5 cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Lemon pepper
- Marinade the chicken in apple cider vinegar and sriracha for a few hours.
- Grill the peppers, sausages and chicken until they have nice scorch marks
- Slice the sausages into thick pieces
- Cut the peppers and chicken into thick cubes
- Boil the water in a dutch oven
- Add tomatoes and their juice, Zatarain’s rice and seasoning packs, garlic, Italian seasoning, and bell peppers. Stir, return to a boil, cover pot, reduce heat and simmer until rice is at the desired texture. The water should almost completely cook out and leave the rice moist but not wet
- Add shrimp, stir well and simmer until the shrimp turn white (should just take a few minutes).