We are over the White Sea near Petrozavodsk and have 4454 miles to go until we reach Chicago en route to Seattle. Some thoughts from the middle of the night:
- Silicone earplugs are critical for any travel, though sometimes even they have their limits (in this case a 5 year old who is acting half his age and screaming his head off). They also don’t work well with long hair – Lauren does not look happy right now. :(
- Earbuds + MP3s are up the the challenge when silicone earplugs fail.
- American Airlines is reminding me that we are no longer in India:
- All the stations on the entertainment system are American
- There are mostly white people on the plane
- They ran out of the non-vegetarian option first
- Our Indian meal was served with a dinner roll
- Lauren’s club soda wasn’t simply carbonated water, but had a bunch of other additives, so much that it needed to be noted that it was “Low Sodium” club soda
- I have been doing a sad job on power planning lately. Yesterday I brought an extra battery for our SLR but neglected to check if it was charged (it wasn’t). For our flight, I had the foresight to choose a seat with power available, but left our DC adapter in our checked luggage.